Saturday, February 15, 2014

New Adult as a Category

In doing some research for a separate class, I stumbled upon an article published in Booklist which caught me off guard. It's the concept of "New Adult" as a category of people, and publishers are catering to them. A surprising statistic cited in the article is that 84% of YA books are being purchased by people over 18 (not sure if this statistic includes parents buying for their teen, because that would make a huge difference, I'm sure). Anyway, I thought it was a great article, and it included a list of Top 10 books for New Adults which I found really interesting. I think I would add the new Hyperbole and a Half book to this list, as well.

Top Books for New Adults

1 comment:

  1. Hyperbole and a Half is a great addition! I thought it did a fantastic job making a tough topic accessible. I read it as a galley on NetGalley.com ... if you haven't visited NetGalley, please do (and then say goodbye to free time). :)

    ReplyDelete